ARD-KD: resetting overvoltage alarm through rs-485/modbus-rtu

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
vazkus

ARD-KD: resetting overvoltage alarm through rs-485/modbus-rtu

Postby vazkus » Mon May 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi,

Sometimes when setting overly high speed or/and low acceleration I get the 'overvoltage' alarm/warning. I understand what that means, I show proper warning message to the user with recomendation to reduce the speed and increase the acceleration. The problem is I am unable to reset this alarm through modbus-rtu. I can do that through MEXE software, but that is not acceptable in my user setup...
How do I do it through modbus?

Thank you.

om_tech_support_AC

Re: ARD-KD: resetting overvoltage alarm through rs-485/modbus-rtu

Postby om_tech_support_AC » Tue May 15, 2018 8:48 am

Hi Vazkus,

For the RS-485/Modbus input or NET-IN the alarm reset is not one of the 16 NET-IN for factory default. To change the NET-IN you will have to write 24: ALM-RST to one of the registers listed in the table below.

NET-In.JPG
NET-In.JPG (52.65 KiB) Viewed 137 times

For example you could write 24 Decimal to register 2231 to change NET-IN7 from no function to an alarm reset. Once the NET-IN is change it must be saved to the non-volatile memory. The non-volatile memory is register 403 decimal or 0193h and writing a 1 to that register will save the changes to the NET-IN. After saving to the non-volatile memory cycle the power on the driver. For more information about non-volatile memory please refer to the link below.

http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... f#page=230

Now you can write to the driver input command address 007Dh. For the example we changed NET-IN7 to alarm reset so we would write 80h or 128 decimal.

Command inputs.JPG
Command inputs.JPG (31.96 KiB) Viewed 137 times

Another option would write a 1 to register 385 Decimal or 0181h to reset the alarm. If another alarm occurred then a 0 followed by a 1 would be required to turn off the alarm reset and then turn it back on again.

vazkus

Postby vazkus » Wed May 16, 2018 4:02 pm

wow! thank you for taking time and writing such a complete response!

In my implementation I'm using register 0181h to reset the alarm. I actually noticed that it works the first time alarm is triggered, but does nothing to subsequent alarms. Now I know I need to write 0 first clear the alarm reset in order to be able to reset it by writing 1 again. This is not very obvious from documentation (not obvious at all). I will definitely try that.

The second approach of using NET-IN7 is also interesting, I'll give it a try as well. Btw I don't need to save this in non-volatile memory if I do this configuration during the startup, correct?

om_tech_support_AC

Postby om_tech_support_AC » Thu May 17, 2018 7:05 am

Changing NET-IN7 to alarm reset would be a type C timing update. Therefore you would have to write to the non-volatile memory even during start up and would require the cycle of power or executing the configuration command register 397 decimal or 018Dh.

Timing update.JPG
Timing update.JPG (27.64 KiB) Viewed 122 times

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”