how do I wire a 3ik15rgn-aul w/3gn9k gearhead

Discuss AC Induction motors, Reversible motors, Synchronous motors, Low-Speed Synchronous motors, Torque motors, Gearheads, Brake Packs and related Accessories here.
ultrafs

how do I wire a 3ik15rgn-aul w/3gn9k gearhead

Postby ultrafs » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:34 am

Hi,

From the front of the motor are black, white, yellow wires.
From the rear of the motor are two blue wires.

The colors of these wires don't match your docs. Can you please tell me how to connect them for CW, and CCW.

Thank you very much in advance,
Steve

om_tech_support_JS

Re: how do I wire a 3ik15rgn-aul w/3gn9k gearhead

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:44 am

Hi Steve,

In regards to your post, you can reference the bottom of page A-172 or the top of page A-173 (depending on if you are looking at doing a uni-directional or bi-directional connection) of the following link [electronically pages 3 and 4]:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... pdf#page=3

The Black, white, and yellow wires are for the motor and the two blue are for the tachogenerator. Do you have a speed controller which you will be using with this motor? These leads (blue) would need to be connected to the speed controller in order for the controller to adjust the speed of the motor.

For the Black, Yellow, and White:
The white and yellow wires will go to opposite sides of the capacitor. Then your AC power will connect to one leg of the capacitor (either yellow or white) in order to get rotation. Typically yellow will be CW rotation and White is CCW rotation but this may vary depending on your gearing. Finally, the Black wire will be connected to the other AC line. Once again, please reference the diagram for greater details.

Return to “AC Motors”