DGII actuator with AZ motor: Parameter Settings for Proper Z-home

om_tech_support_JS

DGII actuator with AZ motor: Parameter Settings for Proper Z-home

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Thu May 17, 2018 11:37 am

Q: I am using a DG actuator with AZ motor and I cannot get it to Zhome properly. Currently the DG with AZ always homes in the shortest distance to home. This is not ideal for my application as I can damage the fixture. I would like to Zhome in the same direction the motor entered (so home in the opposite direction of travel). If moving Clockwise (CW), the Zhome should be Counterclockwise (CCW) and if moving in CCW, Zhome should be in CW. In addition, if power is lost I need the motor to return to the 0 position, or Home point, in the opposite direction of which it traveled last. Can you assist me in the set up?

A: The wrap range settings related to the ABZO priority are different between the AZ motor and DGII (with AZ), therefore when using the DGII product you should set the parameters for hollow rotary actuator. These settings can be found in the Motorized Actuator Function Setting manual on page 56. If these settings are not set up, then you may witness issues in your operation: http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... df#page=56
MEXE02 Motor & Mechanism Parameter Changes.png
MEXE02 Motor & Mechanism Parameter Changes.png (338.75 KiB) Viewed 207 times

Once you have set your parameters as shown above, you are able to create your motion.
Below is an example of basic CW 210 degrees and CCW 210 degrees (-210).

210 degree CW and CW rotation.png
210 degree CW and CW rotation.png (123.81 KiB) Viewed 207 times

As programmed the HOME position is the 0 point. The actuator will index CW 210 degrees and if Zhome is triggered the motor will reverse to the 0 point. If the actuator indexes CCW 210 (-210) and Zhome is triggered, the motor will reverses direction to the return to the 0 point.
If the motor loses power at any point during either operation, once the power is restored, if Zhome is triggered the motor will return to the 0 point in the opposite direction of which it last traveled.

Return to “Linear & Rotary Actuators and Controls”