RS-485 cable for FLEX products?

om_tech_support_JT

RS-485 cable for FLEX products?

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Fri May 30, 2014 5:33 pm

Q: I have a few of your FLEX stepper motor and driver systems. I use the AR series, RK II series, and CRK series in my machines. The dedicated drivers (ARD-AD, RKSD507-AD, CRD507-KD) offer an RS-485 communication port. I see that you offer the CC05IF-USB USB communication cable for use with the MEXE02 software, and that you offer a very short CC002-RS4 RS-485 linking cable to network multiple drivers. However, I do not see that you offer anything to connect your FLEX driver to my RS-485 device so I can control the motor by sending Modbus command messages. Is there something that I can use? I really prefer not to make my own cable from scratch since I've already encountered challenges.

A: Unfortunately, we do not offer a RS-485 communication cable to connect all our FLEX, stored data type drivers to your RS-485 devices. However, we do offer an RS-485 communication cable for our PKA series all-in-one stepper motors. The RS-485 communication cable has connectors on both ends to connect to both the PKA motor as well as an RS-485 device. If you really want, you can cut off the smaller black PKA series dedicated mating connector on the cable, and then rewire it to your own connector for your RS-485 device. However, the 2-year manufacturer's warranty will not apply for any damages that may occur from this modification, so please be careful with your wiring.

For information about the CC020-RS4B cable, please click the link below:
http://catalog.orientalmotor.com/item/a ... cc020-rs4b?

For pin-out information for reconnecting the signals for the CC020-RS4B communication cable, please refer to page 3 of the following manual:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 074-2E.pdf

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”