AR98AKD-PS5-3 Modbus / ComTest Pro Guide?

om_tech_support_JT

AR98AKD-PS5-3 Modbus / ComTest Pro Guide?

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:37 pm

Q: Hi I'm using your AR98AKD-PS5-3 stepper motor and driver with built-in stored data controller. My programmer is currently writing up our own terminal software in order to control your product via Modbus. Before that's done, I would like to start testing to learn how it works. I've downloaded ComTest Pro which was recommended by one of your tech support engineers. I'm not finding a lot of information online regarding this and I need help just trying to read/write, make a move, and reading what outputs are on so I can confirm my move. Do you offer any guides to help me with this?

A: ComTest Pro is basically a freeware that anyone can download and test our Modbus compatible products by sending Modbus commands to read/write. It's not one of Oriental Motor's products so we cannot fully support it. However, we can provide a start-up guide to show you how to do a couple of read/writes such as you requested. Please click the link below to view.

ModBUS readwrite start-up guide.pdf
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 324 times

FYI we also recommend a RS-485 to USB network converter for your PC since our Modbus compatible products use RS-485:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... B_v1_0.pdf

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”