Q: I have installed the EZED2 software and the USB driver for my CC05IF-USB communication cable. I cannot get my software to communicate with my EZA series motorized linear cylinder. What's the correct way of setting these up?
A: Software installation can be a bit tricky sometimes. We would ask that you follow the step by step instructions shown in our EZED2 manual thoroughly including these tips below. The manual is also linked below.
• USB driver needs to be installed first.
• Do not connect the included USB cable to the PC when installing device drivers.
• Always install the device driver prior to installing the EZED2.
• If EZED2 was already installed, be sure to uninstall it first before installing a newer version. If an overwrite installation is performed, the EZED2 may not operate properly.
• Confirm that the controller key is connected and the model number matches the one shown on the controller key.
• To determine the correct COM port to use, you can look in DEVICES & PRINTERS in Windows. You should see a driver icon named "ORIENTAL MOTOR/Virtual COM Port (COM11)" or something. You can also see if your driver has been installed correctly or is corrupt. If you see an exclamation mark, please re-install. You can choose your COM port by using the COMMUNICATION menu->OPTION on the EZED2 software.
• Make sure to select your exact product "package" model and either controller or driver mode on EZED2.
• If the normal communication method of using the FILE menu->NEW->select product model does not work on EZED2, please use COMMUNICATION menu->UPLOAD. This way you do not have to select your model.
EZED2 MANUAL: http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 17151E.pdf
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests