BMU & BLH Series Clarificatons

Discuss Brushless DC Motor Speed Control Systems or AC Motor Speed Control systems and related Accessories here.
essenceindia

BMU & BLH Series Clarificatons

Postby essenceindia » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:23 am

Hi !!

Good Day !!

We required you support for few of below clarifications pertaining to BMU Series & BLH Series Brushless DC Geared Motors. Please let us know your valued support in this regard.

1. Please let us know whether our BMU Series & BLH Series Brushless DC Geared Motors are compatibility with HMI (human machine interface, such as knob, keys etc.). In customer application, the machine operator will not directly control any motor. They require is that a single embedded board should control the motors according to the logic of our firmware, and in response to various inputs (from different sensors and switches) that are provided to the embedded board. Please let me know if this is possible.

2. if it is possible, than what is the kind of input signal that my motherboard should send, to specify the speed. Will a pulse-width signal be fine? Should it be an analog voltage? What is the 'range' of this signal, for reaching maximum speed? Will the response of the motor be linear in relation to this signal?

3.Does BMU Series & BLH Series Brushless DC Geared Motors controller have a built-in PID algorithm to ensure the actual speed matches the target? If yes, is there provision for us to configure the gains?

5. Does our controller give feedback ??, in real-time, about the instantaneous current being drawn, the instantaneous speed?
If yes, the tech-specs of such a signal, it's resolution, refresh-rate etc. please.

You are requested to please clarify the above parameters to proceed further with our customer.

om_tech_support_JS

Re: BMU & BLH Series Clarificatons

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Hi essenceindia,

In regards to your post, I have the following answers to your questions:

1/2.) The BMU series will need to have the data stored to the driver for the different speed settings. Up to 4 speed settings can be saved on the BMU. These speeds can then be selected via the I/O on the driver. If the HMI that they wish to use allows for I/O control and they can work with the stored speeds, then that is one options.
The BLH can have the speed controlled via an internal potentiometer, external potentiometer, or external DC voltage. For the most control through the HMI, than it would need to be able to output a 0-5 VDC signal to the BLH driver in order to control the speed of the motor. You would also need to use the I/O in order to start the motion and select the direction of rotation.

2.) For the BLH series, there will be a linear relationship between the 0-5 VDC signal and the output speed of the motor. This can be referenced from page 3 of the below link:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... pdf#page=3

3.) Both the BMU and BLH products feature hall effect sensor feedback between the motor and the speed controller. With this feedback, the BMU series has a speed regulation of +/- 0.2% and the BLH series has a speed regulation of +/- 0.5%.

5.) Both the BMU and BLH series offer a "Speed Output." This output will send out 30 pulses per revolution of the motor. If there is a high speed pulse counter on the HMI, then this can be used to determine the speed that the motor is operating at.

essenceindia

Postby essenceindia » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:58 am

Hi !!

Good Day !!

Please let us know whether, the BMU series brushless motors are controlled through PLC ?? for ex: forward, reverse, stop and direction changes ??

Kindly advise this clarification please.

thanking you.

om_tech_support_AC

Postby om_tech_support_AC » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:54 am

Hi Essenceindia,

For the BMU series there are I/O that can be controlled via a PLC. For information about wiring the I/O please refer to the link below.

http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... df#page=16

Return to “Speed Control Systems”